The Emirates Scholar Center for Studies and Research (ESRC) is an independent center that seeks to enrich public dialogue, decision support, and to promote academic research related to future trends.
ESRC was established to take responsibility for the development of research in the United Arab Emirates and the Arab region. As stated in its founding agreement, our mission is to contribute to the development of scientific research in the United Arab Emirates.
We monitor current and potential trends, unconventional ideas and impending phenomena that contribute to shaping the future in the short term. especially in the Gulf region, we analyse and evaluate them. in addition to, we present perceived alternatives for dealing with trends using advanced methodologies and scholarly activities that engage academics, researchers, and public figures from the UAE and abroad.
The Emirates Scholars Portal encourages and enhances academic research. This activity contributes to diagnosing critical administrative issues. We seek to spread management thought through research, book writing, translation, holding conferences and seminars, and preparing reports on administrative development in the country.
The goal of the EMIREATE SCHOLAR CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF RESEARCH (ESRC) is to advance research study and thereby contribute to the evidence basis supporting research planning, assessment, and policy practice. Our objective is of a future where choices based on such facts benefit both science and society.
In addition, establishing a connection between scientific bodies as well as government and private institutions to highlight the significance and role of scientific research utilizing advanced methodologies and scientific activities that highlight academics, researchers, and public figures from the United Arab Emirates and abroad.
Our research themes were identified in close collaboration with the ESRC Advisory Board and encompass six areas where new research can help drive positive change.
- Inclusivity: Developing frameworks for assessing and monitoring the inclusivity and diversity of the research enterprise.
- Open Science: Measuring the prevalence and impact of open science practices and initiatives such as research data and method sharing, reproducibility, and open access to research outputs.
- Research careers: Understanding careers in research and beyond, with an emphasis on cooperation and mobility.
- Research globalisation: Investigating countries’ research capabilities and involvement in the global research industry, with a focus on the Global South.
- Research procedures: Observing existing study performance methods, particularly the use of metrics and indicators in research assessment.
- Sustainability: Evaluating research progress toward a more sustainable future, with a special emphasis on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.